[webkit-qt] setTimeout Javascript perfomances

Leonardo DaVinci lamoscawince at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:46:56 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm using qt 4.6.2 on windows CE 6. I'm trying to evaluate the minimum delay
allowed by qtwebkit wince( on an imx51 Freescale Cortex A8 800Mhz) for the
setTimeout Javascript function.

For that I'm doing X number of operations and measures the time that it
takes.

The value that I found is around 500ms!!! This is why the animations that I
try to do with setTimeout and setInterval are slow.

I can see that when the setTimeout is actived, the
QEventDispatcherWin32_Internal_widgetxx window receives a lot of WM_TIMER
messages(Normal), but also it receives a lot of WM_USER_+1 messages.
I think that maybe the processing of those WM_USER+1 messages takes a lot of
time, and this is why the animations seems to be stopped for a while.

I tried to use ARM JIT compiler, but there is no a lot of differences.

I would like to know if there is a way to improve this behaviour, or how to
I could determine what is doing at the WM_USER+1 messages. Or there is no
way to improve that??

Please help,

Thanks