[webkit-qt] QtWebKit debug dll size

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Fri May 7 01:54:58 PDT 2010

On 5/6/2010 6:44 PM, ext İsmail Dönmez wrote:
> Hi again;
>
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Markus Goetz <Markus.Goetz at nokia.com
> <mailto:Markus.Goetz at nokia.com>> wrote:
>
>     ext İsmail Dönmez wrote:
>
>         Hi all;
>
>         When I buid WebKit from source with debug enabled the
>         QtWebKitd4.dll file is ~60mb which is huge. If you build
>         WebKit inside Qt the debug dll size is ~20mb or so. Any idea
>         what causes this big size change?
>
>         P.S: I am building with Visual Studio 2005
>
>     Check the end of src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore/WebCore.pro in the Qt
>     source where it says something about debug info.
>

> I took the debug part out of QTDIR_build to enable it for all cases
> but it doesn't seem to work, any ideas how to get it working for
> standalone WebKit build?

It is sure you'll have to call an "nmake clean" to make it work.
Beside that I think it should work if you just remove the
"CONFIG(QTDIR_build)" condition.

You could also try to start a debug/release build and edit the
Makefile.Debug/Makefile.Release file to change the compilation flags to
the ones you want if you want to test something (though your change will
be overwritten if you touch WebCore.pr?).

Jocelyn