[webkit-qt] Touch related DOM events

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed Mar 31 02:19:57 PDT 2010

Hi,

ext İsmail Dönmez wrote:
> I noticed that Qt enables ENABLE_TOUCH_EVENTS so I assumed I would
> receive DOM Touch events like "touchstart". I am on WinCE with a
> touchscreen with no multi-touch functionality. Is there some glue code
> needed for WinCE for this functionality to work?

Unfortunately, Qt send QTouchEvent only when the platform send touch events.
Since there is no such events on WinCE, you can't have touch events in
WebKit.

There are two solutions:
-the proper solution is to create fake QTouchEvent in Qt when the
platform is mobile (WinCE, Maemo 5, Symbian). If you do such patch, you
can contribute via Gitorious.
-a workaround is to create fake QTouchEvent yourself and send them to
QWebPage. See the touchevent mocking code of QtLauncher.

cheers,
Benjamin