[webkit-qt] Accessing private object/class in Qt from DRT

Robert Hogan lists at roberthogan.net
Fri Mar 26 13:31:12 PDT 2010

Hi there,

So I've concluded (without confirming it in practice yet) that in order to
support Drag and Drop in layout tests the DRT needs to be able to send the
mouseUp() event to the event loop in QDragManager. I believe sending it to
QWebView doesn't work for the simple reason that QDragManager has the event
loop when a drag is in progress and unless it receives the
QEvent::MouseButtonRelease it's just going to block the main event loop.

This matches the way the tests currently fail and my experimentation when
trying to get them to work.

So in order to send a MouseButtonRelease event to QDragManager's event loop
it needs to be accessible from the DRT and it is not public API in Qt.

So what to do? I can try sending a QDropAction to QWebPage but I suspect
that will get me nowhere as long as the eventloop in QDragManager is still
running. A quick grep of qt sources doesn't reveal any precedent for
creating accessors to private Qt classes from QtWebKit.

Does the above sound sensible? If so, what's the best way to solve this?

Thanks,
Robert