[webkit-qt] memory leak on wave.google.com?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri Mar 26 01:44:01 PDT 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 09:25:10 Benjamin Poulain wrote:
> ext Zoltan Herczeg wrote:
> > might be a problem with the garbage collector (GC). Recently I helped a
> > guy, who experienced heavy leaking on linux-64 with QtWebKit. It turned
> > out later that the GC cannot detect unreferenced objects, and mmaping new
> > pages again and again (~512k for each page). Sometimes the same thing
> > happens on linux-32 as well: he said 1 out of 10 times he saw the same
> > memory growing.
>
> We see a memory problem when benchmarking as well. The benchmarks ends
> up using almost 1Gb of memory after loading 50 pages.

I'm seeing a ref-leak with WebKit/GTK+ on the iexploder test cases. For my
analsysis I have used GNOME memprof with a slightly modified JSC to export the
fastMalloc calls. When loading tests and generating a mem profile I see an
increased amount of memory allocated for the SharedBuffer, I started to write a
GDB python script to track life objects and I see we have more and more
SharedBuffers... I have not attempted to look at QtWebKit if it has the same
problem.