[webkit-qt] memory leak on wave.google.com?

Zoltan Herczeg zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu
Fri Mar 26 00:23:39 PDT 2010

Hi,

might be a problem with the garbage collector (GC). Recently I helped a
guy, who experienced heavy leaking on linux-64 with QtWebKit. It turned
out later that the GC cannot detect unreferenced objects, and mmaping new
pages again and again (~512k for each page). Sometimes the same thing
happens on linux-32 as well: he said 1 out of 10 times he saw the same
memory growing.

Zoltan