[webkit-qt] QImage vs QPixmap

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Mar 4 08:52:12 PST 2010

On Thursday 04 March 2010 02:23:48 noam.rosenthal at nokia.com wrote:
> API-wise, can we use a QPixmap with forced QRasterPixmapData in key places
>  (e.g. images that are loaded from the network; canvas buffer) instead of
>  an explicit QImage everywhere? This would

I'm a little confused, how does that help with anything? The question isn't
how do we make QPixmap a QImage, it's how do we make it work. I think we
established that there's no way we can make QImage work globally, so I'm not
sure how "there's no way we can make QImage's work globally" is solved by
making QPixmap effectively always a QImage.