[webkit-qt] Building QtWebKit for Symbian... on Linux

Ivan De Marino ivan.de.marino at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:06:10 PDT 2010

Hi.
I'm trying to follow this "howto" on building and running Qt for Symbian on
Linux:
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010/04/21/symbian-development-using-linux/ .
Most of you will probably know it.

In the howto Thomas "silently" adds a "-no-webkit" to the "./configure".
And, indeed, if I do remove it, the compilation fails at that stage (I don't
have the compilation output with me right now).

Is it possible to build QtWebKit for Symbian on Linux or is there some
Windows specific req yet to be solved for this to work?
Or a specific QtWebKit branch for Symbian that I don't know yet about?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards

PS I configured with *"~/Sources/qt/configure -platform linux-g++ -xplatform
symbian/linux-gcce -arch symbian -declarative -no-webkit"* and worked
without a problem.

--
Ivan De Marino | Software Engineer | France Telecom R&D UK - Orange Labs
w. +44 20 8849 5806 | m. +44 7515 955 861 | m. +44 7974 156 216