[webkit-qt] seek not supported in Phonon

jianhua zhou jianhuazhou.bupt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 20:21:00 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am a new comer for webkit and I am meeting a difficult problem.
In my project I develop a media player based on Webkit/Phonon and it
can play media file now. However
when I start to develop the "seek" (or "jump") I realized that it
seems impossible with QtWebKit and phonon because the method

float MediaPlayerPrivate::maxTimeSeekable() const
{
    notImplemented();
    return 0.0f;
}

which leads to "HTMLMediaElement::seek" return in step 4 and it can
not come to step 10 to have a real "seek".

Anybody has experience on this issue?

Thanks/ Merci.

Jianhua