[webkit-qt] Inconsistent acceleration of linear gradients and atlas maps

Jonathan Morton jonathan.morton at movial.com
Wed Jul 7 07:39:36 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 16:21 +0200, noam.rosenthal at nokia.com wrote:
> First of all, which version are you using?
> If it's 4.7 or 4.6 + a new webkit:

It's Qt 4.6.x plus some local patches for the extra accelerated paths,
and we're looking at the main svn trunk for Webkit.  I think we had a
"Webkit 2.0" tree as well, but the behaviour was very similar - I'm not
entirely certain what the differences between them are.

> I'd check paltform/graphics/qt/GraphicsLayerQt.cpp, and try to disable
> QWebSettings::AcceleratedCompositingEnabled and see if it helps.
> That code accelerates CSS animations by drawing the animated
> components into pixmaps...

Seems counter-intuitive, but we'll give it a try.  I don't see any
direct references to gradients in that file, so presumably they are a
mere property of objects passed around in there.

Solving this is fairly important - our customer is not pleased with
30sec+ page loads and very difficult scrolling on one of their users'
most-visited pages.  Pages which don't hit this problem are fine.

--
------
From: Jonathan Morton
      jonathan.morton at movial.com