[webkit-qt] Does QtWebKit for Qt/E4.5.0 really support NPAPI?

Girish Ramakrishnan girish at forwardbias.in
Wed Jan 6 22:37:40 PST 2010

naixuan guan wrote:
> Hello, everyone~
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1.Does QtWebKit for Qt/E4.5.0 really support NPAPI? I see some code in
> PluginViewQt.cpp not implemented.

Yes, most of it works in 4.5.0. But 4.6.0 has much better NPAPI support
for X11.

> 2.Does NPAPI must need X11 support? Can we realize NPAPI based
> Qt/Embedded which don't have X lib but display with framebuffer?

The public NPAPI code in Qt/WebKit for linux requires X11.

For DirectFB, you will have to implement the entire Plugin
infrastructure in Webkit yourself. Same goes for Linux fb. In both
cases, you will also need to somehow get hold of the flash plugin with
support for fb, presumably by contacting Adobe.

Girish