[webkit-qt] JIT on Linux/ARMv7

Gabor Loki loki at inf.u-szeged.hu
Thu Feb 11 11:02:52 PST 2010

henry.haverinen at nokia.com wrote:
> Does anyone know the status of JIT compilation for Linux/ARMv7 with Thumb-2?
>
> Based on JavaScriptCore/wtf/Platform.h, JIT seems to be enabled if
> CPU(ARM_TRADITIONAL) && OS(LINUX), but JIT is not enabled for CPU(ARM_THUMB2).

Hi Henry,

currently the Thumb-2 JIT is enabled only on iPhone. Although it is not
enabled on Linux by default, the Thumb-2 JIT works on Linux devices as
well.

If you want to try it, you should pass '-mcpu=<your_cpu> -mthumb' to
your compiler and pass DEFINES+=ENABLE_JIT=1 to qmake.

Earlier we saw several regressions in T2 JIT with different compilation
options, but now it looks like that T2 is going to be as stable as the
ARM JIT. ;)

--Gabor