[webkit-qt] GraphicsContext and Canvas

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:35:05 PST 2010

Seems that my little refactoring proposal opens a (bigger) can of worms :)

So how about extending it to "Let's deprecate the use of QPixmap
inside QtWebKit". Any objections to that?

Note that in Chromium, only software rasterizer is used because of the
(security) design: they don't allow any external influence (GPU, X11,
etc) for doing the painting. Yet, if you run the Monster Demo (or any
other Chrome Experiments) in Chromium, it's blazing fast. So we can
argue that using QImage *only* does not necessarily mean a performance
impact.

In addition, for animation and transition, we already have accelerated
composition support with potential hardware acceleration. That's what
people should use if they want the fancy bling-bling.

Comments?