[webkit-qt] GraphicsContext and Canvas

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Thu Feb 4 09:07:53 PST 2010

I thought you'd meant that we need toImage in something other than getImageData/putImageData. Now the picture is clearer.
How often do people call getImageData / putImageData? Do we call it in QtWebkit, or is it just the page developer's choice? If it's the latter, I don't feel we should make that heuristic cache inside QPixmap and not specific to HTML canvas, as it's a problem in applications in general that I've seen many times regardless of HTML canvas. If it's the former, we should make sure we don't call getImageData/putImageData unless we really have to.

But if you come up with a solution that does this and makes everything faster - I of course won't oppose, these are just opinions :)