[webkit-qt] device/mobile features

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 02:16:14 PDT 2010

While I am more than happy to help implementing features like
geolocation, orientation, motion, etc, I'd like to ask first: does it
have to be based on Qt Mobility? If yes, then essentially we exclude
current Qt 4.6 platforms (think N900 and N8).

A compromise/alternative will be to allow e.g. Maemo5-specific device
motion implementation (using my threaded acceleration code via D-Bus,
which Qt Mobility even does not support yet) until someone steps in
and does the Qt Mobility-based replacement. Other advantages: early
experimental trial, useful as a good baseline. Disadvantages: limited
support, potentially thrown out after Qt 4.7.

Comments?

--
Ariya