[webkit-qt] How to know if page is using java script timer

Carter, Nathan NCARTER at bentley.edu
Tue Apr 13 08:34:42 PDT 2010

No, one cannot expect the loadFinished() signal to be able to predict whether scripts that have timeouts pending will be modifying the page, nor if they do, whether they will ever stop modifying it.  For instance, on a page on which a script uses a timeout to keep a visual counter/clock constantly updating, you would not want the loadFinished() signal to delay forever just because the script-generated clock runs forever.

Perhaps, Tarandeep, you can traverse the DOM to detect locations that are waiting for an image?  Does your situation make that possible, or can you not detect those locations that are still waiting for scripts to place images there?

Nathan