[webkit-qt] jsMath behavior different on win vs. linux

Carter, Nathan NCARTER at bentley.edu
Tue Apr 13 08:21:02 PDT 2010

> jsMath loads its plugins using XMLHttpRequest, which is working just fine to load local files on Mac and Linux.  It is failing with network errors on Windows.  I've tried from the QtWebkit Web Inspector and manually constructed and sent XMLHttpRequest objects on Mac and Windows, and they work fine on Mac to load local files, but fail on Windows.
>
> Any idea why this is happening?
>
> Note:  I tried the solution at the URL below, and it didn't help.
> 	http://www.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186338
>
> Nathan
>
> PS: I'm currently in the process of hacking in a replacement for XMLHttpRequest using addToJavaScriptWindowObject(), and then modifying jsMath so that it uses my replacement.  Inelegance, ho!

Just for closure's sake, I'll report that this invasive and inelegant solution solves my problem for now, but is definitely not preferable.  If XMLHttpRequest began behaving the same on all platforms, that would be much better.  Is this a known bug or should I try to create an example I can submit?

Nathan