[webkit-qt] QtWebKit with reduced feature set for embedded platforms

Tasuku Suzuki tasuku.suzuki at nokia.com
Thu Apr 8 09:57:04 PDT 2010

Hausmann Simon (Nokia-D-Qt/Oslo) wrote:
> Adding the feature #ifdefs adds a maintenance burden and clutters the code. On
> the upside it makes it possible to use QtWebKit in much more restricted
> environments, with limited functionality though.
>
> What do you guys think about this? Do you feel this is a useful thing to have
> and maintain?

I really understand it is not easy to maintain. I want to say it is good
to avoid to see compilation errors even if some features disable WebKit
in Qt like
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/2351

QtWebKit is being used as platform for HTML5-based UIs.
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/11/09/about-dynamic-ui-web-apps-performance-and-state-machines/
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/demo.html
In this case, QtWebKit is very useful with limited functionality.

Tasuku Suzuki
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks