[webkit-qt] QtWebKit with reduced feature set for embedded platforms

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Thu Apr 8 01:55:05 PDT 2010

Hausmann Simon (Nokia-D-Qt/Oslo) wrote:
> Adding the feature #ifdefs adds a maintenance burden and clutters the code. On
> the upside it makes it possible to use QtWebKit in much more restricted
> environments, with limited functionality though.
>
> What do you guys think about this? Do you feel this is a useful thing to have
> and maintain?

Personally I like those feature. It allows some users/customers to use
Qt on very restricted hardware.

I think it is impossible to maintain those stuff if the configurations
are not tested automatically.

But if Tasuku maintains the kind of #ifdef he needs, why not? Especially
if he is ok to maintains it long term.

cheers,
Benjamin