[webkit-qt] [RFC] Analysis on loading speed

Balazs Kelemen kb at inf.u-szeged.hu
Thu Dec 17 10:30:33 PST 2009

> 2.) Make harfbuzz and fontconfig fly. Specially in regard to harfbuzz it
> seems unlikely that we can easily fix it.. in any case it is quite some work
> on a component not understood by many.
>
> 3.) Implement Glyph API in Qt, or disable kerning (as Lars thinks is possible)

I have found a blog where a qnx developer writing about font issues in
WebKit:
http://sendreceivereply.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/less-webkit-is-more-webkit/
He states (as I understand) that font handling in WebKit is
predestinatedly suboptimal by the platform independent layer.
What do you think about it?