[webkit-jobs] WebKit engineering opportunities for PlayStation!
Romain.Pokrzywka at am.sony.com
Thu Jun 13 12:19:57 PDT 2013
Following the PS4 reveal and other announcements at E3, one thing that wasn't mentioned much was how important web technologies are on PS4, and much of that relies on the use of WebKit for various parts of the OS.
To continue improving the integration and keep up with the latest upstream developments, Sony Network Entertainment (SNEI) is looking into strengthening our WebKit Platform team in the US for the all-new PlayStation 4. Some of our areas of focus are WebGL and HTML5 Video support. So if that rings your bell then get in touch, it's not too late to be part of the PS4 launch!
Below is our formal job posting. It will be made available online as well but we want to put it on here first to reach the most talented WebKit engineers in priority.
Feel free to reply to me directly if you have questions or to get in touch with our HR department.
Senior Software Engineer - WebKit Platform
Sony Network Entertainment (SNEI) builds digital media distribution software & services at internet scale. Our products include the PlayStation Store, Video Unlimited & Music Unlimited. SNEI is a global company with business interests in North America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to using Open Web Technologies in order to create best in class User Experiences on platforms like the PlayStation, Xperia phones, tablets and connected TVs.
The WebKit team at SNEI develops and maintains the platform at the heart of the PlayStation User Experience. We have an open position for a talented Software Engineer with a passion for contributing to world class open source software for the hugely anticipated PlayStation 4.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Familiarity with state of the art multicore CPU and GPU architectures
- Deep understanding of cache, memory and concurrency issues in developing high performance software
- Experience with more than one operating system, preferably Windows and Linux
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
- Experience programming game consoles like PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Familiarity with build systems like make, msbuild and gyp
- Experience with CPU and GPU performance tuning
- Experience programming graphics APIs like OpenGL, DirectX, Cairo, Skia etc.
Beyond the job requirements, we are looking for a strong team player who can contribute in a variety of different areas. The ideal candidate will at times inspire and mentor other engineers; raising the performance level of the team through passion and excellence in execution. We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to great restaurants, museums and nightlife. If you are good at what you do, come join a fun, challenging and intensely rewarding environment as we build the best gaming console of this generation.
Sr. Software Engineer - EXDG - Platform
Sony Network Entertainment Intl.
400 2nd St. - Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94107
More information about the webkit-jobs