[webkit-help] Informations about saving passwords

Marcello Magaldi magowiz at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:18:08 PDT 2023

Hi,
I'm using python and WebKitGTK API 6.0 for a development project, I didn't
understand how to trigger classic behavior browsers has: on submitting
forms, if they are login forms (with password field) propose to the user to
save password, and also being able to reuse them if website is recognized.
For now I created some handlers for WebKit.WebView signals:

self.webview.connect('authenticate', self.on_authenticate)
self.webview.connect('submit-form', self.on_submit_form)
self.webview.connect('load_changed', self.on_load_changed)

but I don't know exactly what to do in these, I thought that enabling this
could be enough:

self.network_session.set_persistent_credential_storage_enabled(True)

but I was wrong.

Can you please give me some advice or point me to some documents? I read
API documentation but it is not so easy to understand what to do if you
don't know exactly what are concepts and components involved and various
processes.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
magowiz