[webkit-help] Video playback in offscreen GTK window?

Po Lu luangruo at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 01:52:35 PST 2021

It seems that video playback doesn't work with GtkWidgets attached to
offscreen windows.  Basically, if I do:

  GtkWidget *window = gtk_offscreen_window_new ();
  GtkWidget *webview = webkit_web_view_new ();
  /* Resize the window to whatever size I want.  */
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), webview);

Then show every window and widget, and go to a URL with media in it, the
media won't load.

In the inspector, I can't find the media I want to load in Sources
either.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.