[webkit-help] Compiling webkit on windows.

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at apple.com
Mon Nov 16 10:00:47 PST 2020

Hi Jean-Yves,

It looks like you are building and running an Apple-style build of WebKit. We have a set of support libraries (AAS) that have to be in the environment of the executable for things to work properly.

You might need to install iTunes, which contains the runtime libraries, to get those onto your machine.
https://www.apple.com/itunes/ <https://www.apple.com/itunes/>

The bundle you downloaded to do the build contains the headers and link libraries, but does not contain the DLLs or other runtime elements.

I’ve been working (not very much) on a DirectX-based Windows build to avoid this complexity. But for now, I think you need to install a current version of iTunes.

Thanks,

-Brent