[webkit-help] Creating new tabs

Jesse ki4jgt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:54:06 PDT 2016

I'm a complete beginner in GUI programming. My first major project? A
web browser. I have to say, It's come a LONG way. I have forward and
back buttons (which only show when available). I have an address bar
which can search the web and correct urls missing protocol prefixes. I
have tabs and a way to update the address bar and title bar when tabs
are changed. The purpose of my browser is to add features which most
browsers don't have (but should): single-key minimization (we can all
guess what that's for). Built-in torrent downloading, password access,
browser storage encryption, etc.

I can't seem to get how new windows/tabs work with webkit2 though. I
have a main webkit variable running as "session" and I spawn new tabs
from this. Also, I'm using Gtk3. However, I don't know how to receive a
signal and uri of a new tab when the browser itself requests it. I'm
currently connecting webview::decide-policy to a function so that when a
webview calls for a new tab, I know about it. I just cannot decipher the
uri that my new tab needs to point to.

Thanks for your time.