[webkit-help] [wekbit] ask for HTML5 ServiceWorker develop tips

xiaoxu xiaoxulian at qq.com
Mon Feb 1 23:15:13 PST 2016

Hi all,

I am realizing the Service Worker function in HTML5, I want some suggestions and tips on how to do this work well.

I am now working in one company that developing browser based on webkit, not chromium. Because our browser have the demand to run web app. So we need to realizing the Service Worker in HTML5. And I have seen this function has been realized in the browser chromium, I want to realize this function according to chromium.

Here is the questions:

1 about IDL:
[Exposed=(Window,Worker)]
 interface ServiceWorker :
EventTarget
{
 readonly attribute USVString scriptURL;
 readonly attribute ServiceWorkerState state;
 void postMessage(any message, optional sequence<Transferable> transfer);   //
event   attribute EventHandler onstatechange; };
ServiceWorker implements AbstractWorker;

 enum ServiceWorkerState
{
 "installing",
 "installed",
"activating",
 "activated",
 "redundant"
};

when I new one file and .cpp, .h file and added to my project. There was errors like cannot find JSUSVString.h or JSTransferable.h, file name like this it can not find. But My question is How did it created these files and How do I fix questions like this?

2: Does webkit group have the plan to fulfill the service worker function and submit this function to one version of webkit release.

Above are my questions I want to address in the near future!

Thank you very much!
looking forward to your answer!

Xiaoxu Lian 廉晓旭tel:18601749056
xiaoxulian at qq.com