[webkit-help] Building WebKit

Plamen Dimitrov plamend at coherent-labs.com
Fri Dec 9 03:10:21 PST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to build webkit by using this paper:
https://webkit.org/webkit-on-windows/#installing-developer-tools

I got to this part: perl build-webkit

But the command fails:

========

WebKitSupportLibrary us up-to-date
Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
-- Could NOT find Ruby (missing:  RUBY_INCLUDE_DIR RUBY_LIBRARY RUBY_CONFIG
_INCLUDE_DIR) (found suitable version "2.0.0", minimum required is "1.9")
CMake Warning (dev) at Source/cmake/OptionsCommon.cmake:176 (if):
 Policy CMP0054 is not set: Only interpret if() arguments as variables or
 keywords when unquoted.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0054" for policy
 details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
 warning.

 Quoted variables like "MSVC" will no longer be dereferenced when the policy
 is set to NEW.  Since the policy is not set the OLD behavior will be used.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 Source/cmake/WebKitCommon.cmake:46 (include)
 CMakeLists.txt:137 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
CMake Error at Source/cmake/FindICU.cmake:106 (message):
 Could not find ICU
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 Source/cmake/OptionsWin.cmake:188 (find_package)
 Source/cmake/OptionsAppleWin.cmake:1 (include)
 Source/cmake/WebKitCommon.cmake:47 (include)
 CMakeLists.txt:137 (include)

See also
"F:/WebKit_Repo/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"F:/WebKit_Repo/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Run "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/vcvarsall.bat"
before build-webkit when using ninja at build-webkit line 254.

CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log are empty.
I installed ruby 2.0.0 and DevKit from here:
http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/

My OS is Windows 10.

1) What do I have to do run "build-webkit" successfully?
2) I have second question which is out of topic. Can I still build the
WinCairo port? I saw the --efl and --gtk flags but I’d rather use WinCairo
if it’s still available.