[webkit-help] Question about spatial navigation

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Mon Sep 28 04:34:44 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm developing browser-like application for device having only keyboard input. I've enabled spatial navigation and KeyboardAccessTabsToLinks mode.

Now I have a page with "exit" link in top right corner. It happens to be the first one in focus chain, but I'd like to avoid having it as default focus element. I cannot modify page contents, and also I'd like to avoid using custom JS to set focus element.

I see two ways to solve my problem:

1. Somehow make spatial navigation algorithm start from top-left corner (people usually avoid putting "exit" links in this place of their pages). If I press "right" key, focus is put to the middle of the page on vertical axis. Is it possible to make it start from top-left corner (by sending some key event or programmatically)?

2. Put all links later in tab chain than other focusable elements. Not sure it will help if user presses "down" key because link still will be topmost element.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,
Konstantin