[webkit-help] “createMediaStreamSource” of “AudioContext” is undefined using Safari browser !

Jer Noble jer.noble at apple.com
Fri Mar 6 09:02:48 PST 2015

> On Mar 6, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Sasi San <sasikumar.gandhi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi-
>
> I am using Temasys’ Free WebRTC Plugin in my project with web kit audio APIs to get the audio stream. It works on Firfox and chrome  browsers except Safari which is complaining about “createMediaStreamSource” of “AudioContext” is undefined.

Yes, that API is not yet implemented in the Mac port of WebKit.
> Please let me know when this API will be available for Safari.

Apple does not comment on future releases, their timetables, or their contents.
> or Is there any other API available to capture the audio stream from "onAudioProcess" function.

Since the Mac port does not yet support Media Streams, the Temasys plugin must be using some kind of polyfill to render their audio to WebAudio. I suggest you contact Temasys to find out if there’s a way to insert a ScriptProcessorNode in their Web Audio graph.

-Jer