[webkit-help] Incorrect values to JSC from .js

Sharma, Rupali rupsharma at ea.com
Wed Jul 29 20:30:47 PDT 2015

Hi,

While running a web page which eventually runs a javascript, we are seeing, the data values (floating point) cease to pass correcty to the JSC. To be precise, when in method:
JSValue::toNumber()
When the tag is pointing to double type, but the 'asDouble' value is 'PNaN'.  So I have following questions:

1.       I am certain, the .js is sending right values, as I see them correctly passed in older EAport( based on WebKit-r157437). Where should I check 'u' is getting faulty values from in JSC?

2.       Is it okay for u.asBits.tag to be isDouble, whereas 'asDouble' value is not finite. What are the cases if it is?

3.       I do see a major change being made to JSC - https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2014-January/026143.html
It could be related to it?

To give more details if needed, here is the URL which I am using - http://hakim.se/experiments/html5/trail/03/
Also, I see the same issue with WinCairo as well.  However, I don't see the issue with JIT disabled platforms.

Thanks,
Rupali