[webkit-help] HTTP/2 Support?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Thu Feb 19 10:46:29 PST 2015

On 2/19/15 5:06 AM, David Marsden wrote:
> I’m not a developer, just a curious Mac user. Is HTTP/2 support coming to Safari (and/or) Webkit anytime soon? Purely because I think stuff like this is cool, and I’d like to know if my favourite browser will have it.
>
> Thanks and thanks for making my favourite web browser/Web browser “Engine”.
The support for network protocols is largely independent from WebKit, we
use the networking stack of the system. The engine builds requests and
asks the network stack to perform them, then we receive the response and
handle the data. The detail of each protocol is handled by the network
stack itself.

On OS X and iOS, the networking stack is integrated directly in the OS.
You can provide feedback for the OSes through http://bugreport.apple.com
or http://apple.com/feedback/

Benjamin