[webkit-help] Running JetStream Benchmark StandAlone

Malek Musleh malek.musleh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:20:17 PST 2014

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate mailing list for asking
questions about JetStream.

I want to be able to run the jetstream benchmark in an "offline"
manner, and wanted to confirm if the following methodology is correct
or not.

It looks like there isnt a single tarball or repo for just the
jetstream suite, but I suspect its part of the main WebKit svn repo --
correct?

http://browserbench.org/JetStream/in-depth.html

This link describes the benchmark suite in more detail, and has links
to the specific .js files used.

If I download the corresponding .js files, and then create an
index.html file that "onload" activates the corresponding js script
benchmark. I would then use a browser (e.g. firefox) to point to the
local index.html file, and when it does it should load the js
benchmark.

Is that correct?

For example, I see that the 3d-cube.js file
http://browserbench.org/JetStream/sources/3d-cube.js

contains the same code as the source page of:
http://www.speich.net/projects/programming/3d.htm

and the html page contains a call to Init().

Secondly, I want to know how (if) WebKit invokes the JetStream suite.
Is there a set of regression tests that I can be directed to?

Thanks,

Malek