[webkit-help] Unable to see spell error "red underline".

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Tue May 13 18:16:15 PDT 2014

On 5/13/14, 2:25 AM, Abhijeet Kandalkar wrote:
> I have build latest wekit code (r 168615) on Windows. I am not able to
> see spell error "red underline" in Winlauncher for elements with with
> spellChecking enabled. Is it bug or feature is not implemented for
> Windows port ?
>
> Safari 5.1.7 shows proper behavior.

The painting code seems to be there for Windows
(GraphicsContext::drawLineForDocumentMarker). I suspect spell checking
is disabled (or just not implemented for WinCairo.

You should set a breakpoint in WebEditorClient::checkSpellingOfString().
If it is not called, spell checking is probably disabled. If it is
called but does nothing, you should probably look into the implementation.

Benjamin