[webkit-help] WebKit build fails with Bytecodes.h no such file or directory

Christian Schwarzgruber cschwarzgruber at loytec.com
Tue May 6 03:49:47 PDT 2014

Hey all,

I'm currently implementing a interface between WebKit and the API for the company I work for.
However, after setting up the build system for the port, I tried to compile WebKit but it is stuck at 2%.
Error message:  "fatal error: Bytecodes.h: No such file or directory". As I can see in WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore/CMakeLists.txt the Bytecode.h gets only generated when LLINT is enabled, but I cannot enable it because the target CPU is an ARMv5TE which is not supported by the low level interpreter.

My question is now is this a bug in WebKit or did I make a mistake somewhere?

Some more details of the build configuration:
    - Nearly all features are disabled except JIT, MHTML, FTPDIR, METER_ELEMENT, NETWORK_PROCESS,  PROMISES, PROGRESS_ELEMENT, SHARED_WORKERS, WEB_SOCKETS, XSLT and DETAILS_ELEMENT
    - target cpu is an ARMv5TE
    - target system Linux

If you need more information please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Christian