[webkit-help] Issue While getting the webkit latest code

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Mon Jan 13 21:51:51 PST 2014

Hi,

On 1/13/14, 9:34 PM, Deepak Mittal wrote:
> I am facing issue while getting the latest code of webkit via
>
> svn checkout https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit
>
> I have install cygwin also , and while getting the code I am getting
> following error:
>

> deepak.m at deepak-m
>
> cyygdrive/d/WebkitBuid/webkit_code
>
> $ svn checkout https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit
>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I am doing this on windows machine 32 bit, windows 7.
>
> Can somebody help me out for getting code, if I am missing anything.

You should have enough information here:
https://www.webkit.org/building/checkout.html

WebKit has so many files that it takes forever to do the initial
checkout. It is a lot easier to take the nightly tarball, and update it.

Basically you just need to:
1) Download the tarball.
2) Unzip it where you want the source.
3) Run the script ./Tools/Scripts/update-webkit

Benjamin