[webkit-help] MAC :: HTML5 Video player : plan to migrate (from AVF suspected) to Gstreamer

Ismael Richer ismaelricher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:02:56 PDT 2013

Follwing this thread
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-help/2013-October/003623.html with
great interest, I wonder now what would be the plan to migrate from current
default player (based on AVFoundation) to Gstreamer ?

Here is a kind of roadmap (empirical crib sheet) established by deduction:

#define WTF_USE_GSTREAMER 1  // to add in Source/WTF/wtf/Platform.h
   -  start XCODE, open WebCore.xcodeproj sub-project
   -  add 2 source files, at Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/gstreamer :
      *  MediaPlayerPrivateGstreamer.cpp
      *  MediaPlayerPrivateGstreamer.h

Then=> build. But is it enough ? Did I miss domething ?
I mean: what about MediaPlayerPrivateGstreamerBase.cpp ?
Or about GstreamerUtilities class ? WideoSinkGstreamer... ?
Getting lost, suddently, I beseech some instructions here.

Thanks in advance. Best Regards.

   ** Ismael **