[webkit-help] Call WebInspector outside WebKit

Jenny Zhang jenny.zhang.lv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 07:57:20 PST 2013

Hi there,

I'm playing around WebKit on OSX 10.8.5. And I compiled and built my WebKit
from upstream git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git. Now I would like to write an
independent tool (something like a debugger) outside the WebKit I built
(maybe some extension). Briefly, I want my debugger to read from console in
the web inspector in my WebKit. Thus when I'm using my WebKit to visit some
pages, my debugger can tell me whether there are some exceptions for these
pages. And further more, the debugger will try to analyze and aggregate the
read information later.

This problem is difficult for me, as I'm a beginner to the WebKit world. I
read Patrick Mueller's post about web inspector remote, but looks it cant
help me. Any one can shed some light on my problem? Thanks for your help!

Jenny