[webkit-help] Failing build

Ben Short ben at benshort.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 09:04:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to build webkit from the latest nightly build updated to svn
revision 146886.

I use the following command..

build-webkit --wincairo --release

But get the following errors
in C:\cygwin\home\Ben.Short\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release_Cairo_CFLite\obj\WebKitLib\BuildLog.htm

libjpeg.lib(jdapimin.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL
found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to
improve linker performance
   Creating library
C:\cygwin\home\Ben.Short\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release_Cairo_CFLite\lib\WebKit.lib
and object
C:\cygwin\home\Ben.Short\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release_Cairo_CFLite\lib\WebKit.exp
WebCore.lib(DerivedSources.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: class JSC::JSValue __thiscall
WebCore::JSInjectedScriptHost::evaluate(class JSC::ExecState *)"
(?evaluate at JSInjectedScriptHost@WebCore@@QAE?AVJSValue at JSC@@PAVExecState at 4
@@Z)
WebCore.lib(CachedFont.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: class WebCore::FontPlatformData __thiscall
WebCore::FontCustomPlatformData::fontPlatformData(int,bool,bool,enum
WebCore::FontOrientation,enum WebCore::FontWidthVariant,enum
WebCore::FontRenderingMode)" (?fontPlatformData at FontCustomPlatformData
@WebCore@@QAE?AVFontPlatformData at 2@H_N0W4FontOrientation at 2
@W4FontWidthVariant at 2@W4FontRenderingMode at 2@@Z)
C:\cygwin\home\Ben.Short\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release_Cairo_CFLite\bin\WebKit.dll
: fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not
found:
$(ENABLE_UNDO_MANAGER)

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me resolve this problem.

Thanks

Ben