[webkit-help] Content/Frameworks missing from WebKit.app

Tim Mahoney tim.mahoney at me.com
Fri Mar 22 12:05:53 PDT 2013

I'm trying to build the nightly launcher for Mac. I run build-launcher-app, which builds WebKit.app. Running WebKit.app gives me the following error, "Nightly builds of WebKit are not supported on Mac OS X 10.8 at this time."

I'm on 10.8 using Xcode 4.6.1. To get it to compile, I needed to change GCC_VERSION[arch=x86_64] from 4.2 to com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0 and SDKROOT from macosx10.5 to macosx10.8.

The error message is from main.m of WebKitLauncher, which checks for the frameworks in WebKit.app/Contents/Frameworks. When I check the contents of WebKit.app, the Contents/Frameworks folder isn't there. Instead, the frameworks are in Contents/Resources. I can't imagine needing to move the files manually. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Tim