[webkit-help] Design ideas for a jscore wrapper generator

Cumulus Strato cumulus.strato at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 03:19:18 PST 2013

Hi all,
I'm working on a WebKit based project where data structures defined in C++
needs to accessed from JS and vice versa . I'm planning to create a
generator to generate the jscore wrapper/proxy classes necessary . I have 2
options,

1) Parse the C++ code (using clang) to gather information about the data
structures (public members and functions) and generate JS wrappers from
them

2) Parse IDL files and generate both C++ (which can be customized by
inheritance) as well as JS wrapper/proxy objects.

Which is the better option?

Thanks.