[webkit-help] getting current uri from webkitgtk

anandlinux info at anandlinux.com
Tue Jun 11 09:34:18 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm building a facebook app for which i need to authenticate a user. i'm
making a linux based application using c. I needed a browser for
authentication so using webkitgtk. Now here's my question. How to get
current uri from webkitgtk?

for generating oauth access token i need to access a parameter "code"
from url. later on i will require content of page shown by webkitgtk.
Please let me know about them. So far i have tried following code but
getting null

|gchar* url_with_code;
     url_with_code=webkit_web_view_get_uri(WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (web_view));

    o/p is

    (null)

I know that webkit_web_view_get_uri will return null when webkitgtk is
in progress. but how would i monitor its progress. i don't know how to
use webkit_web_view_get_progress() to monitor progress. if i put it in
while loop the application hangs.

Please post a solution or reference.

Regards,
Gaurav