[webkit-help] WebKit build failed

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Thu Jul 11 22:21:12 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Abhishek Bichhawat <
abhishek_bichhawat at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I was trying to build the latest nightly build of webkit on my PC (Mac OS
> X 10.8 Mountain Lion), but it fails with a linker error in WebKit module
> saying, "Framework not found WebInspectorUI."
> I could not find anything related to that anywhere. Has anyone seen such
> an issue or does anyone know how to go about it?

First thing to try is updating your WebKit checkout.
The nightly snapshots are just picked at a fixed time every day, they are
not tested. It could happen that the revision picked for the nightly was a
bad patch with a broken build.

Run "./Tools/Scripts/update-webkit", and try building again
(./Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --release).

Benjamin