[webkit-help] Porting QNX to Linux

Thomas Fletcher thomas at cranksoftware.com
Wed Jul 10 18:34:00 PDT 2013

Benjamin Poulain wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Manjunath V Kadajji
> <manjunath.kadajji at googlemail.com
> <mailto:manjunath.kadajji at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I myself Manjunath and i am new to this group.
>
>     I am going to start working on porting project, porting from QNX to
>     Linux. In existing QNX platform, GUI and web page rendering are
>     developed using Photon and webkit library.
>
>     So could you please someone can guide me  how to port these
>     components to Linux.
>
> There is a lot of choice, but it depends a bit on the hardware you work on.
>
> First you should investigate the following GUI frameworks:
>      -GTK (http://www.gtk.org)
>      -Qt (http://qt.digia.com)
>      -EFL (http://www.enlightenment.org)
>
> Once you decided which one you want to use, they all have WebKit ports:
>      -WebKit GTK (http://webkitgtk.org)
>      -QtWebKit
>      -EFLWebKit
>
> If you are looking for commercial support for those frameworks, I
> believe Collabora (http://collabora.com) provides support for WebKit
> GTK, and Digia provides support for QtWebKit.

I would also include Crank Software's Storyboard in that list.

- Storyboard (http://www.cranksoftware.com/storyboard)

Storyboard provides native support for QNX graphic frameworks (photon,
agtdk, opengles) and also provides an off the shelf WebKit solution for
QNX (and Linux) platforms.

As a side note, Crank did the original WebKit port to QNX that you may
be using.

Thomas

(Disclaimer: I work for Crank Software on Storyboard and Webkit)