[webkit-help] Webkit System Interface Library

Shanfeng Cheng sfcheng at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:14:10 PST 2013

Hello, Friends,

I've building a qtwebkit-based application for Mac. I submit it to Mac App Store but got rejected due to use of a long list of private apis. After some digging, I found the private api calls are maded from inside the webkit system interface libraries. More specifically, they are made from these static libraries:

libWebKitSystemInterfaceMountainLion.a or libWebKitSystemInterfaceLion.a

under the WebKitLibraries folder. It looks like these libraries directly come from Apple (I guess who else knows how to use the private apis). Is there anywhere to get the original source code for these libraries so that we can replace the private apis with public ones? Or do we have to live with the fact that all qtwebkit-based app will never make it into Mac App Store?

Best regards.

Shanfeng Cheng
sfcheng at gmail.com
2013-01-13