[webkit-help] Windows Build Question

Bear Travis betravis at adobe.com
Tue Aug 20 16:28:00 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I've been struggling a bit to get a WebKit build running on Windows, and figured I would ask for some help. I am working with a 64-bit version of Windows 7, and Visual Studio 10 Express.
I've managed to get the code and successfully run update-webkit, but when I try to run build-webkit, I get the following error (abridged):

Cannot find 'cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/VCExpress.exe'
Please execute the file 'vcvars32.bat' from 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\' to setup the necessary environment variables
Died at /home/user/WebKit/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1657

There isn't much under the Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 folder, but I have located VCExpress.exe under the Program Files (x86) directory. I have tried running the vcvars32.bat script from there, but continue to get the same error. This seems like I'm simply missing a variable set somewhere, but I'm not sure exactly which.

Thanks for your help,
-Bear