[webkit-help] Opening new webview's and IFrames

Arvin Bhatnagar arvinb at columbus.rr.com
Sun Apr 14 16:40:12 PDT 2013

The code is minimal:

@implementation AppDelegate

@synthesize tabSelection, tabs;

- (void) awakeFromNib {

    [self.webview setCustomUserAgent:kRegularAgent];

    NSURL *gmailURL = [NSURL
URLWithString:@"https://mail.google.com/mail/"];

    NSURLRequest *request = [NSURLRequest requestWithURL:gmailURL];

    [[self.webview mainFrame] loadRequest:request];

}

- (void)applicationDidFinishLaunching:(NSNotification *)aNotification

{

    [self.webview setUIDelegate:self];

}

- (WebView *) webView:(WebView *)sender
createWebViewWithRequest:(NSURLRequest *)request {

    NSInteger newCount = self.tabs.numberOfTabViewItems;

    NSTabViewItem *tabItem = [[NSTabViewItem alloc]
initWithIdentifier:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"newtab%li", newCount]];

    tabItem.label = @"Tab";

    [self.tabs addTabViewItem:tabItem];

    self.tabSelection = newCount;

    WebView* newWebView = [[WebView alloc]
initWithFrame:self.tabs.contentRect];

    [newWebView setAutoresizingMask:NSViewWidthSizable|NSViewHeightSizable];

    [tabItem.view addSubview:newWebView];

    [newWebView setPolicyDelegate:self];

    return newWebView;

}

- (BOOL) applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed:(NSApplication
*)sender {

    return YES;

}

@end

self.tabs is an IBOutlet to a generic NSTabView.

Thanks,
Arvin