[webkit-help] How to change background-repeat-x CSS property ?

Simon Fraser simon.fraser at apple.com
Wed Sep 26 08:27:24 PDT 2012

There is no background-repeat-x CSS property <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/>. Background-repeat is one of those properties with X, Y values that sound like they should be shorthands, but actually are not. The CSS WG has talked a few times about whether it's useful to expose separate properties for the -x and -y values, but in general we tend to avoid adding new CSS properties.

Simon