[webkit-help] Compiling 2012-08-31 git gives "too much arguments" error

ganesh.sathyanarayanan ganesh.sathyanarayanan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:57:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

I believe this issue is due to limitation in your binutils. We faced this
issue a while ago on android.
The fix is basically is to split the entire set of files into chunks of
'sub-libraries' and then link the chunks into the main library.
For android, a patch is available (which also does the above). Its not so
difficult to write it out yourself too...
Which version of gcc do you use btw -- 4.4 or 4.5?

Regards,
Ganesh.S