[webkit-help] Audio broken in coursera.org

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:23:49 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've built webkitgtk-1.11.1 with webaudio support (against
gstreamer-0.10, for gstreamer-1.0 compilation aborted with a missing
header message I can't remember now). I've enabled webaudio with
g_object_set(G_OBJECT(settings), "enable-webaudio", TRUE, NULL). I've
tested this with a number of webkit backed browsers also. In each
case, I got no sound from coursera.org. Test for example any video in
https://class.coursera.org/gametheory/lecture/preview/index . Sound
plays fine in firefox and chromium. I'm not even sure whether the
issue is webaudio related or not but I'm no expert in this subject so
I ask you for help diagnosing the problem.

Some details of my platform that may be relevant:

up to date archlinux

gstreamer0.10 0.10.36-1
gstreamer0.10-bad 0.10.23-3
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins 0.10.23-3 (gstreamer0.10-plugins)
gstreamer0.10-base 0.10.36-1
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg 0.10.13-1 (gstreamer0.10-plugins)
gstreamer0.10-good 0.10.31-1

Best regards
--
Carlos