[webkit-help] update chromium android error

Justin Saunders jaytek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:23:55 PDT 2012

Hi Victor,

Did you eventually build and run this successfully?

I'm also trying to build WebKit for Android on MacOS. I get a slightly
different error - I can't find any information about the CHROME_SRC
environment variable:

*$ ./update-webkit --chromium-android*
Updating OpenSource
Updating chromium port dependencies using gclient...
Syncing projects:  98% (50/51), done.party/openssl
________ running '/usr/bin/python gyp_webkit' in
'/Users/justinsaunders/Desktop/WebKit/Source/WebKit/chromium'
readlink: illegal option -- f
usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
CHROME_SRC must be set to the path of Chrome source code.
Error: Command /usr/bin/python gyp_webkit returned non-zero exit status 1
in /Users/justinsaunders/Desktop/WebKit/Source/WebKit/chromium
Re-trying 'depot_tools/gclient sync --deps=unix,android'
Syncing projects:  98% (50/51), done.

Can anyone offer some clues? I've downloaded both the Android SDK, NDK and
set my ANDROID_ROOT_SDK env variable as per instructions here:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Chromium

Thanks,
Justin.

*I use ./update-webkit   --chromium-android  in MAC LION platform  and
result in the following error:*

*________ running '/usr/bin/python tools/clang/scripts/update.py
--mac-only' in '/soft/svn/webkit (trunk)/Source/WebKit/chromium'*

*Clang already at 153589*

*
*

*________ running '/usr/bin/python gyp_webkit' in '/soft/svn/webkit
(trunk)/Source/WebKit/chromium'*

*bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('*

*bash: -c: line 0: `source /soft/svn/webkit
(trunk)/Source/WebKit/chromium/build/android/envsetup.sh && python
gyp_webkit --no-envsetup-recursion '*

*Error: Command /usr/bin/python gyp_webkit returned non-zero exit status 2
in /soft/svn/webkit (trunk)/Source/WebKit/chromium*

*Re-trying 'depot_tools/gclient sync --deps=unix,android'*

*Syncing projects:  98% (49/50), done.party/freetype   *

*Best regards.*

*Victor LI*